Friday, January 30, 2009
10 Tips to Maintain Beauty and Health
Beauty , health , and nutrition are all integrated. If you eat a balanced diet you will be able to maintain your physique and glowing beauty externally and good health internally. A balanced diet is one that provides all the nutrients you need, the right amount of proteins, carbohydrates, and fat.
To achieve goals you need to ensure a good balance in your diet, introduce variety into your meals, and practice moderation. The basis of nutrition lies in your height, weight, dimensions, and your daily energy needs. Once you know this, you can compute what your daily calorific needs are and set goals for weight maintenance, gain, or loss. By regulating your diet you can be active as well as happy.
1. Eat sensibly. Include a variety of foods in your diet such that all nutrients that are required by your body are present. Make use of a food pyramid and calorie chart to prepare tasty and nutritious meals.
2. Eat plenty of whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. They will supply you with essential vitamins, minerals, and protection from several diseases.
3. Maintain your weight at a healthy level. Successful weight management is one of the golden keys to good health. By doing this you will considerably reduce the risk of many diseases like hypertension, diabetes, heart diseases, cancer, and osteoporosis.
4. Learn self control, eat moderate portions. The secret lies in eating everything but in small portions.
5. Make a time-table for your meals and how many calories you will be taking in each meal. Never fast, starve yourself, or skip a meal. Eat when your body demands sustenance but not huge quantities.
6. Practice moderation. Good health does not lie in eliminating carbohydrates or fats. Include all your favorite foods but balance them with the rest of your diet.
7. Be sure your meals each day include all the food groups.
8. Plan to exercise every day. Either walk or take up aerobics, dance, or join a gym. Exercise will not just burn calories but put a glow into your skin, tone your muscles, and strengthen your bones. Exercise also removes accumulated toxins from your body.
9. Maintain a dairy in which you record your goals, and what you eat each day. Review your week objectively and create a table that shows at a glance what you did right and what you did wrong. This will help keep you on the right track.
10. Celebrate each victory. Give yourself a present or take yourself out every time you achieve a goal.
By eating healthy, one can live a complete and rounded life without diseases, reduce stress greatly, look and feel great, be happy from within , age well, produce healthy progeny, and live life to the fullest.