Flipkart.com

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Is reward of reading Quran in English the same as reading in Arabic?

"I can't read Arabic very well and I want to read Quran for Ramadhan, can I read it in English and get the same reward?"

No, it would not be the same. However, there is stil a chance for great rewards with Allah and there are some things you can do as well, inshallah.

Reading from books in other languages is not the same as reading in Arabic. However, there is still reward for you, inshallah.

Difficulty in reciting the Arabic is rewarded double for the one who is not an Arab speaker. (Hadeeth about this)

You can rise up early every morning before fajr and begin to recite a little at a time, step by step while you are learning. Make sure to continue this from now on, as this was definitely a part of the sunnah of Muhammad, peace be upon him.

Take your time and be patient with yourself. It takes time, effort and practice to become a real reciter of Quran.

There is a dua (supplication) in the Quran for gaining knowledge and we always suggest it to those who want to gain more knowledge. We have to understand all knowledge only comes from Allah.

"Rabbi, ziddini 'ilma. Rabbi, ziddini 'ilma." (My Lord, increase my knowledge. My Lord, increase my knowledge."

No comments: